A Career Readiness Training Program
THE IMPACT OF THIS PROGRAM FOR WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS CUSTOMERS:
• IGNITE THE PURPOSE OF CAREER AWARENESS AND READINESS
• ENGAGE PEOPLE IN PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• ENHANCE THEIR PREDICTOR OF JOB PERFORMANCE FOR EMPLOYERS
• ADVANCE WORKPLACE AND LIFE LITERACY SKILLS
Includes 60-80 hours of total instruction. Students attend 2-hour classes two times a week. There are 20-30 lab hours within the total instruction time that are designed to provide personalized one-on-one career coaching and assistance with program homework assignments and career portfolio project.
The Workforce of Purpose is a 10-week program focused on providing participants with training in crucial employability skills. According to the National Network of Business and Industry Associations, “employers in every industry sector emphasize the need for employees with certain foundational skills.”
In addition to a strong academic background, these soft skills include areas such as teamwork, problem-solving, work ethic and integrity. It is essential that every person who is entering, re-entering, transitioning, or leading the workforce to possess the necessary skills to succeed.
We offer both instructor-led classroom setting at our Houston location and online virtual classroom to serve the needs of students throughout Texas. Students participate in the online class via our Adobe Connect Classroom which provides the same interactive, innovative, and intensive learning experience as the traditional classroom setting. Our online classroom includes: No software downloads for attendees, Instructor/Student Webcams, Whiteboards, Digital Breakout Rooms, Discussion Chat, Audio/Visual, and Interaction Buttons.
• Must be a resident of a Texas county: Contact us for the county listing
•Proof of U.S. citizenship or ability to work in the United States
• Workforce Solutions Financial Aid/ScholarshipAward Letter
• Recently unemployed professionals seeking a competitive advantage in the job market
• High School/GED or college graduates looking for foundational skills required for success in the workplace
• High potential people ready to advance in their career
"What an excellent class it was, with an excellent instructor. I learned so much in the class, and will definitely have to go back and re-visit all the materials. I’ve taken classes prior to this, and they didn’t compare. You were so engaging, funny, kept it interesting the entire time, and gave me so much to apply to my job and personal life."
Project Manager, Financial Institution